Thursday, October 19, 2006

Zend Certified Engineer

Bobby Easland, Zend Certified Engineer

The Zend Certified Engineer exam has some very tough questions but is well within reach. Programming eCommerce platforms tend to utilize only a small number of core functional areas of the PHP language (file functions, cURL/sockets, DB, etc.) but the exam is very balanced. Anyone that is looking to take the exam should purchase the study guide and maybe even the practice questions book. Both of these helped me to understand the key areas that would be addressed and highlight those areas that I needed to brush up on.

I highly encourage my fellow osCommerce and eCommerce developers to look into the certification exam. It is very satisfying to obtain the certification directly from the architects of the PHP language and also brush up on the skills that may not be commonly used.

I would rate my experience with this certification as a 9 out of 10. Good luck to everyone on their path to certifying your skills and experiences!